Curriculum Camp - Virtual & Distance Learning Support
Welcome to Curriculum Camp, where students in grades 1-5 can attend school virtually from Mobius Discovery Center, located at 331 N Post St. Under the supervision of our enthusiastic and experienced learning team, students will have a dedicated space and support to safely navigate through their virtual school day. Students will follow the real-time distance learning schedule of the school/class they’re enrolled in.
An Engaging Environment for Distance Learning
- Grades: 1-5
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 3:00pm
- Registration now open, curriculum camp starts Monday, September 14
- To ensure appropriate social distancing, capacity limited to 10 spots maximum
- Weekly Fee
- Members: $200 per student per week
- Non-Members: $250 per student per week
- 15% discount for siblings
- There is not a daily rate
Due to the high volume of registrations and limited capacity, a completed registration may not guarantee entry. Once we receive your application we will contact you within two business days.
For questions and inquiries about Curriculum Camp please email email@example.com
Mobius has implemented health and safety procedures and protocols for COVID-19 based on guidance from the Washington State Department of Health and the CDC. This healthy and safety plan has been reviewed by the Spokane Regional Health District.
Students will be required to bring their own school supplies, including a computer/tablet, charger/cord, headphones, pencils, paper and any necessary textbooks. Additional supplies to bring each day include lunch and snacks, face covering (cloth mask or face shield), a water bottle, and a book or quiet activity. We are asking that all students know their log-ins and passwords needed for virtual learning.
Due to varying school schedules, our staff will work with each student to ensure they are online for all live virtual sessions and students will work independently on classroom assignments. Our educators can provide basic support, however we consider your child’s teacher to have primary responsibility for their educational needs. Mobius staff will not be in communication with your student’s teacher, you will still need to coordinate parent-teacher conversations. When time permits Mobius Educators may lead a STEAM activity or demonstration.
First day – Parents/guardians are welcome to enter Mobius on the first day of curriculum camp. (Please find parking on the street or in River Park Square). Parents/guardians must also pass the health screening, wear a face covering, and practice social distancing. Families entering will be staggered for extra precaution.
Daily drop-off – Students can be dropped off between 8:00am and 8:15am. Once you arrive, a staff member will meet you at your vehicle in the designated area in front of Mobius Science Center at 331 N Post Street. When it’s your turn to pull-up to the drop-off area, everyone in the car needs to have a face covering on. Staff will greet your family, verify enrollment, and then begin the health screening process and temperature check (with non-contact IR thermometer) for students. After passing the health screening students may then proceed to their assigned desks.
Daily pick-up – Students need to be picked up between 2:45pm and 3:00pm. Please pull up to the designated area in front of Mobius Science Center at 331 N Post Street. A staff member will bring your student to your car, please have your driver’s license out and ready to show the staff member. Students will not be released to anyone not listed on your approved pick up list.
Any need for a late drop-off or early pick-up must be arranged in advance. If you are early to drop off or late to pick up your student, there will be an additional fee of $5 for each five minutes you are early or late.
Yes, facial coverings including cloth masks and face shields that extend below the chin are mandatory for all while on-site. No exceptions will be granted. Face coverings may be removed when eating/drinking.
- We’re reducing transmission by having a limited number of participants. Curriculum Camp will be limited to 10 students to encourage social distancing.
- Desks/seating is spaced at least six feet apart and will be marked for easy adherence.
- Students must bring their own set of school supplies so they aren’t using shared items.
- Students will bring their own lunch/snacks/beverages to minimize food handling and will consume their food at their own desks or at distances of 6 feet or more.
- Restricting nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving other groups at the same time.
- Limiting gatherings and extracurricular activities to those that can maintain social distancing and support proper hand hygiene.
Mobius will promote healthy hygiene practices by:
- Teaching and reinforcing washing hands and covering coughs and sneezes among students and staff.
- Teaching and reinforcing use of cloth face coverings for anyone entering the building.
- Making available adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors, including soap, hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol, tissues, and no-touch trash cans.
- Each student will be assigned their own desk, designated lunch bin, and tote for personal items.
On top of our standard stringent sanitation procedures Mobius staff have increased cleaning procedures by:
- Enhancing daily deep cleaning of each learning space and common space.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces (for example, door handles, sink handles).
- Cleaning and disinfecting shared objects between uses.
- Ensuring safe and correct application of disinfectants and keeping products away from students.
- Ensuring ventilation systems operate properly and increasing circulation of outdoor air as much as possible by opening windows and doors, using fans, or other methods.
Yes, this will be a requirement for your student to participate in Curriculum Camp and to enter Mobius. Before entering Mobius there will be a daily declaration of no COVID symptoms/exposure and a temperature check. Parents must sign a completed health screening each day.
- COVID SCREENING QUESTIONS:
- In the last 72 hours, has your child had any of the following symptoms that are not attributable to another condition? A cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4°F or higher or a sense of having a fever, sore throat, chills, new loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, congestion/running nose – not related to seasonal allergies, unusual fatigue?
- Does anyone in your household have any of the above symptoms?
- Has your child been in close contact with anyone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
- Has your child had any medication to reduce a fever before coming to care?
- The results of this initial health screening will determine if an individual is permitted to enter or if they require additional evaluation. Mobius reserves the right not to admit people who pose a communicable disease risk to others.
- Sick students and staff are required to stay home.
- Mobius staff will be required to complete the same health screening questions.
Mobius is taking the following actions to encourage the health of students and staff:
- Students and staff who may become sick while at camp will be sent home as soon as possible. Please be prepared to pick up your student as soon as possible if they become sick, you will be contacted immediately.
- Sick students will be quarantined in a separate area until they can be picked up.
- Areas used by a sick person will be closed off and kept closed before cleaning and disinfection. CDC guidelines will be followed to ensure safe and correct application of disinfectants and keep disinfectant products away from children.
- Students and staff may not return to Curriculum Camp until they have met the CDC guidelines for home isolation.
- We will notify local health officials, staff, and families immediately of a possible case while maintaining confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Mobius will be checking state and local health department notices daily about transmission in the area and adjust operations accordingly. In the event a person has been exposed or diagnosed with COVID-19 and has been determined to have been in the building and poses a risk to the community, the site may be closed for a two-week period.
All weekly fees must be paid no later than the Wednesday prior to any program week. Failure to pay will result in forfeiture of placement in coming weeks. All fees (membership, program and field trip fees) are non-refundable and non-transferable. No refunds will be given if a student does not attend a registered session/week of camp or leaves early for any reason (including suspension from camp). Partial refunds may be issued at the discretion of the CEO for extreme circumstances (closure due to weather, family emergencies, etc.). There is no vacation credit or illness credit.
We will follow SPS school schedule. Curriculum Camp will end once students return to school or may be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Current enrollees have first right of refusal to enroll their student for the upcoming week. If there is space available, students not currently enrolled may sign up to attend Curriculum Camp the week prior to when they wish to attend curriculum camp.